lørdag den 20. juni 2009

Currently playing: EVE Online

I am a great fan of mmorpgs but sadly they rarely hold my attention for more than a few weeks. I think I have been through most of the ones that would be considered AAA games and quite a few asian f2p ones as well. My longest running subscribtion have been WoW but damnit if I would ever spend all my time with mindless raid grind! I really wanted to like Warhammer: Age of Reckoning as well, but sadly the combat felt disconnected and even though I have resubbed twice, it still hasn't caught me.

Back on track: EVE Online! This is a game that, as someone on mmorpg.com said, you feel you have to like. And so I have had 4-5 different trial accounts over the years, each time the learning curve has defeated me as described by the following illustration:


This time however, I set myself some pretty basic goals and have worked towards those since day 1: mining and exploration. Mining is pretty basic:
  1. Read miners guide.
  2. Do as miners guide tells you!
Now that was pretty easy and the learning curve has been defeated.

However, mining for me isn't the goal in itself, rather it is a way of financing my desire for exploration. Wormhole exploration is supposed to not be a soloer's game, but I have absolutely no intention of listening to the nay-sayers. When I get the skills and the Drake, I'm going in! I expect to be blown to bits by either Sleepers or other players, so please come and find me on the other side, I promise to put up a good fight (or at least a fight)!

I'll let you know when I actually enter the infamous wormholes and what wild and wacky adventures I'll get myself into on the inside...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar